ROAD NO. 2 CLOSED STARTING MARCH 27
TRAFFIC MODIFICATIONS TO ACCESS YB YARD
- Beginning March 27, 2018, Road No. 2 will be permanently closed to begin construction of the Kapalama Container Terminal project.
- Truck traffic delivering cargo to the Young Brothers Libby Street Gate will be re-routed on to Auiki Street.
- Two interior storage lanes will be built on the container terminal site near the intersection of Auiki and Kalihi Streets to remove the trucks from Auiki Street.
- About 50 feet of sidewalk and some roadway along the makai side of Auiki Street will be closed to traffic and parking for approximately two days for construction of a driveway. (See Insert)
- Once the driveway is completed, revised message boards will be posted on Sand Island Access Road and near the new entry to announce the opening of the new “truck only” queue into Young Brothers.
KCT is an active construction area. No parking in the project site.